disclaimer
Best viewed in Google Chrome, screen resolution 1920 x 1080.
|
Friday, April 9; 22:45
I took this entire post from http://ifyoufeelalive.tumblr.com/post/501610393/growing-up-this-has-always-been-such-a-big-topic
I was never able to express myself about this topic, and I figured I should share this with all of you who are reading this. "Growing up, this has always been such a big topic for me. But I wish homophobia didn’t exist. It’s absolutley ignorant and horribly wrong. We should not hate on someone for something they can’t help. Much like a straight person can’t help who they fall for either. Homosexuals are just as human as everyone else. We have no control over our feelings and our emotions. They are too strong for us to control them, otherwise we wouldn’t be asking other people how to get over someone we love. Hating a homosexual is like hating someone that is not the same race as you. Religion is the weakest argument against homosexuality. God does not hate homosexuals. God does not hate anyone. If God so loves the world, why would he send innocent people to hell? Homosexuals are innocent. There are so many homosexuals that believe in God, and that worship Him. I’ve been told that God can cure homosexaulity, and apparently there are people that have been cured by it but I don’t believe in that. You can’t cure homosexuality for homosexuality isn’t a disease. Why try to fix someone who has nothing wrong with them? I believe so many people are putting words in Gods mouth. Unless He speaks to you, you know nothing of what he wants. Man wrote the bible, not Him. I believe in God but I don’t believe in religion. And even if I were to believe in religion, I still wouldn’t believe that God hates homosexuals. It’s such an ignorant thing to believe. God will not “heal” homosexuals because there is nothing wrong with them. Hating a homosexual because you’re afraid they might like you since they like the same sex, is also a weak argument. Homosexuals have a ‘type’ just like straight people do. Don’t think so highly of yourself. And that’s all I have to say about that topic. I have two Gay brothers and as a child, it was hard to deal with that because of everyones hate. Some of the kids in my neighborhood would yell at me and say “Your brother is a Fag” and I’d start crying. I’ve defended homosexuality so many times. I had a Gay friend and I had to defend him at school everyday. So much anger and rage would build up inside me because they don’t realize what they’re saying at all. They say “Homosexuals are stupid” or “disgusting” or “a disgrace”, and saying that, and acting the way they do is only making them the stupid and disgusting ones, and how they’re behaving is a disgrace. It makes me sad and it’s one of the reasons why it’s so hard to have faith in humanity. Homosexuals getting jumped, and even killed because of it. And there are some that commit suicide because they can’t stand the way people treat them. I’m bisexual, and as a teenager, I sometimes hate saying that because I’m afraid people might think I’m saying it to “look cool” or to “fit in” but I would never want to be something I’m not. I personally believe people who fake their sexuality are stupid, it’s mocking those who are really homosexual and bisexual. Why would people choose to be hated and ridiculed by other people, especially by people they love? My mom is overwhelmed by the fact that two of her sons are Gay, and she doesn’t want anymore children that are ‘like that.’ We have these talks every once in awhile, and she always says “Hannah, I hope you’re not into girls.” And it makes me feel bad because I know how she feels about my brothers, and I don’t want her to feel that way about me. Of course, she loves them, and she gave them so much of her love. She took care of them, and she doesn’t love them any less but it’s still not the same. I wish more parents could be more understanding of their children. She’s literally constantly telling me that she hopes I don’t turn out that way. I turned out that way so many years ago. I was in third grade when I had my first crush on a girl and I remember exactly who she is. I don’t believe people know what they’re talking about when they say a person can’t be bisexual. I’m living proof because I know what I feel and I know that what I feel is real. The way I’ve felt for boys that I’ve liked is the same way I’ve felt for girls I’ve liked, and I honestly know no other way of describing that. But I don’t have to because I know I don’t need to prove myself to anyone. I questioned my sexuality for so many years and I didn’t start accepting it until a few years ago. A lot of horrible situations happened in their past that made them the way they are now, and they had no control over what happened to them." |