disclaimer
Best viewed in Google Chrome, screen resolution 1920 x 1080.
|
Friday, October 16; 22:45
(500) days of summer
![]() Summary: When Tom, a hapless greeting card copywriter and hopeless romantic, is blindsided after his girlfriend summer dumps him, he shifts back and forth through various periods of their 500 days "together" to try to figure out where things went wrong. His reflections ultimately lead him to finally rediscover his true passions in life. I watched (500) days of summer this afternoon and I found it delightfully different. I will try not to give spoilers, but it was a memorable movie. Everyone should watch it, at least once. I have never experienced what true love is, just short-term infatuations with many imaginary boys. I don't think I will be able to feel till I grow up, mature and maybe find 'The One'. As the movie said, everything that happens is a coincidence, fate, destiny, and any other term you could come up with to explain the unexplainable events that occur in our lives. (500) days of summer had brilliantly potrayed what love brings, the intense passion of first love, the heartaches that break-ups would bring and one's perspective when they're in love. The movie was pretty boring at the first half, with the usual, 'Let's just be friends' "It's not you, it's me," tactic. The movie starts to progress and change into the question of, "How quickly can I get this over with, so I can move on with my life?". Equally, everyone of us will eventually(yes even Johnny Depp) experience what it feels like to "be" dumped and the complex emotions that unexpectedly follow. Few films like this ever capture sensation of falling in and out of love as well as this one does. There are some beautiful, subtle moments of tenderness as well some heart-rending moments of disconnectedness between the two that never comes across as heavy-handed. The way the movie was edited is enough to make you pause and think about what love is. It makes you remember the pain and anguish you went through when you were in love and wonder why this happened. Enough said, GO WATCH IT! (: |