disclaimer

Best viewed in Google Chrome, screen resolution 1920 x 1080.


Saturday, August 22; 16:10
UP


UP.
Random fact: It was directed by the same person who directed Monsters. Inc.


I went to Plaza Sing with SJ, Chunting and Eri to watch UP yesterday. I came out of the movie feeling that, well, I couldn't swallow it. I know that many people said that it was a brilliant movie, and everyone should watch it at least once, but somehow I could not take the unrealistic plot. The jokes were funny, but there were too much of them. Any many of them overused. Yes, there are original jokes like the 'I HATE SQUIRRELS!!' and '*POINT*'. I think that they changed the mood of how the movie went too abruptly. One moment the scene was very melancholic, and the next moment - the protagonist goes to the rescue! (With the heroic background music). Anyways, the plot was also very mature, not very suitable for kids. It involves death, the inability to have children, broken families and maybe a pinch of twisted humour. It's not something kids would understand sometimes. However, I think the kids would understand the jokes because some of them were kinda' cheesy. ._.

Maybe it's because I am neither a kid not a grown-up, just 'half-way there'. Maybe that's why I could not understand the morale of the story and could not appreciate it.


One day and counting down.

Labels: ,