disclaimer
Best viewed in Google Chrome, screen resolution 1920 x 1080.
|
Thursday, March 20; 19:08
InDreamsMaybe
Progress report's back.
All I had is three A2s, 2 failures, 2Bs and 2Cs. I need to say, A progress report is nothing but a piece of paper, full of your past, calculated by a machine which is destined to affect our future. What really came to my mind than, is results are pathetically useless, but the only way to determine what we are going to meet ahead. All the adults and stories tell us to work hard, pay with your own effort to get where you want to. I remember a lot of stories and lectures told by my grandmother. "If you don't study hard now, in the future you could only be a dish-washer, road sweeper or maybe a helper in the kopitiam. So work hard now, and perhaps get a stable job." In the past, I used to just dismiss this, saying that I would never get a stable job(desk-jobs) but something I enjoy, something which I could never get bored of. In Singapore, it's just so hard to get your dream to come true. All you could do is just, study hard, get good results, and than what? Even if I did get top in Singapore, what job would I end up with? Business management? Something I like which many people don't approve of? A high-ranked lawyer? Ha. All I want is to follow my dreams. Grades don't really matter when it comes to certain stuff. Talents do. Grades are just something to standardized the competition throughout the world. We've been told again and again that we must get good results, or else... Yea. =( So we kinda' complain and get depressed over our marks. To me, it's like, what's the point. Since we have to achieve high-flying marks, than study harder next time. No use being sad. Don't ever use jealousy to compete with another person. Because that isn't going to help. And I don't really like Singapore's school scheme. |